31 October 2007
Now Launched: the EQUATOR network website
We are pleased to announce a launch of a new website providing resources for good reporting of health research. The resources are aimed at researchers (authors of research articles), journal editors, peer reviewers, and developers of reporting guidelines.
The most important website feature is a collection of reporting guidelines that includes:
- CONSORT Statement (for reporting randomised controlled trials)
- QUOROM, recently renamed PRISMA (for reporting systematic reviews and meta-analyses of randomised trials)
- STROBE Statement (for reporting observational studies in epidemiology)
- STARD Statement (for reporting diagnostic accuracy studies)
- and many other guidelines identified through extensive literature searches
The website will be continually developed to provide up-to-date published and in-house developed resources facilitating good research reporting and the development of robust reporting guidelines:
- reporting guidelines
- tools facilitating the use of reporting guidelines
- educational materials and training courses relating to the use of reporting guidelines
- relevant methodology literature
- guidance for the development of robust reporting guidelines
The available resources will be tailored to meet the needs of our main user grouops.
The website was developed as part of the EQUATOR Network project (Enhancing the QUAlity and Transparency Of health Research) For more information about EQUATOR, please visit the website at www.equator-network.org.
Your comments on the website, as well as any information about interesting projects or publications relating to research reporting are welcome.
Contact: Iveta Simera, EQUATOR Network Project Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.